Eckermann Lawyers was established in 2014. Since then our team and our practice has grown considerably developing a reputation for commitment, quality and efficiency and a personalised service approach.
- General Commercial
- Commercial Property
- Asset Protection
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Renewable Projects
At Eckermann’s, we have offices located throughout the state. We have strong roots in rural SA and it’s important to us that we are accessible for those clients who prefer to see us face to face. We are in six locations – Adelaide, Glenelg, Gilles Plains, Mount Gambier, McLaren Vale and Victor Harbor. You can contact us over the phone of course or using video conferencing if that is more convenient. And there is our after hours service, Eckermann Assist, when business hours contact is not possible for you.
Frequently asked questions
Eckermann Lawyers has a wealth of experience and expertise in all aspects of commercial law, property law and all types of property transactions. What you’ll find different at Eckermann Lawyers is our commitment to a personalized and very much bespoke service. Large or small, every client at Eckermann Lawyers is treated with the same high level of personalised service that only a boutique legal firm can provide.
- Our team has a depth of property law knowledge that ensures timely and informed practical advice, whether you consider acquiring a large rural estate, leasing retail premises in a shopping centre or selling off-the-plan apartments in a mixed-use development.
- When dealing with Eckermann Lawyers, you are not only being helped by some of the best lawyers in Adelaide, but you have the added convenience, should you choose to do so, of working with our other Eckermann Group members, including Adelaide’s leading conveyancing firm, Eckermann Conveyancers.
- Eckermann Lawyers complements the existing Eckermanns businesses including Eckermann Conveyancers and Eckermann Forms. Established in 1976, Eckermanns have earned a reputation as a leader in their industry providing first-class service.
If a personalised, timely and informed legal service is what you are looking for, please contact us to understand how we can assist you.
Eckermann Lawyers is an Adelaide-based boutique law firm renowned for providing service excellence across practice areas including:
• General Commercial
• Asset Protection and Estate Planning
• Hospitality & Licensing
• Aged Care and Retirement
• Renewable Projects
Once you have signed a contract to purchase a property, you will be served a Form 1 or Vendor Disclosure statement. This document provides important legal information about your property.
The cooling-off period expires at the end of the second clear business day after:
- the contract was made if the purchaser received the Form 1 prior to making the contract, or
- the Form 1 has been served on the purchaser if the purchaser received the Form 1 after making the contract. By law, a Form 1 must be served on a purchaser
Sometimes a purchaser may choose to waive their cooling off rights. To do so requires the preparation of a Form 3 that must be certified by a legal practitioner. Eckermann Lawyers is experienced in the preparation of Form 3s and in providing clear explanation to clients, the implications of waiving their cooling off rights.