Do you remember that feeling of waking up Christmas morning and seeing presents under the tree? Now imagine the opposite. This latter feeling is what you risk if you don’t pay close attention to the contract when buying or selling property, as has been raised recently by respected real estate investment commentator, Michael Yardney. While … Continued
- Legal Practitioner Director
- Associate Director
- Associate Director
- Senior Associate
- Senior Associate
- Legal Administration Assistant
- Legal Administrator
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Senior Contracts Lawyer
Frequently asked questions
Once you have signed a contract to purchase a property, you will be served a Form 1 or Vendor Disclosure statement. This document provides important legal information about your property.
The cooling-off period expires at the end of the second clear business day after:
- the contract was made if the purchaser received the Form 1 prior to making the contract, or
- the Form 1 has been served on the purchaser if the purchaser received the Form 1 after making the contract. By law, a Form 1 must be served on a purchaser
Sometimes a purchaser may choose to waive their cooling off rights. To do so requires the preparation of a Form 3 that must be certified by a legal practitioner. Eckermann Lawyers is experienced in the preparation of Form 3s and in providing clear explanation to clients, the implications of waiving their cooling off rights.
Eckermann Lawyers is an Adelaide-based boutique law firm renowned for providing service excellence across practice areas including:
• General Commercial
• Asset Protection and Estate Planning
• Hospitality & Licensing
• Aged Care and Retirement
• Renewable Projects
Eckermann Lawyers has a wealth of experience and expertise in all aspects of commercial law, property law and all types of property transactions. What you’ll find different at Eckermann Lawyers is our commitment to a personalized and very much bespoke service. Large or small, every client at Eckermann Lawyers is treated with the same high level of personalised service that only a boutique legal firm can provide.
- Our team has a depth of property law knowledge that ensures timely and informed practical advice, whether you consider acquiring a large rural estate, leasing retail premises in a shopping centre or selling off-the-plan apartments in a mixed-use development.
- When dealing with Eckermann Lawyers, you are not only being helped by some of the best lawyers in Adelaide, but you have the added convenience, should you choose to do so, of working with our other Eckermann Group members, including Adelaide’s leading conveyancing firm, Eckermann Conveyancers.
- Eckermann Lawyers complements the existing Eckermanns businesses including Eckermann Conveyancers and Eckermann Forms. Established in 1976, Eckermanns have earned a reputation as a leader in their industry providing first-class service.
If a personalised, timely and informed legal service is what you are looking for, please contact us to understand how we can assist you.
When you have personnel with names like, March, April, Mei, and June, you know ’tis the season for choosing Eckermann Conveyancers. Given that we spend our lives plotting conveyancing by months, weeks, days, and even hours, we’ve noticed something quirky that we had to share with you. But, as it happens, the “April” from our … Continued
I think it is timely to share a conveyancer’s guide to hassle-free settlement for an SMSF because since 2010 we’ve seen a gradual increase in transactions involving Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSFs) borrowing to buy property and this has increased the risk for complications and delays. I should state that SMSFs are not able to borrow … Continued
Most of us have at least a vague sense we need conveyancing help when buying or selling real estate but here are 3 unexpected things your conveyancer can assist you with that you might not have realised. These are the items we will focus on in this article: Changing your name on a title Setting up a private … Continued
Sometimes the most important information is right there in front of us, hidden in plain sight. So, too, are today’s property investment blinds spots that I want to share with you. As a conveyancer, I am trained to go through long, contractual documents thoroughly, to make sure you don’t agree to anything you shouldn’t and … Continued