I provide timely and pragmatic advice across all areas of property and real estate, commercial and liquor licensing law.
Drawing on my understanding of property transactions, commercial practices and relevant legislation in South Australia, I work across a broad range of industries and for a variety of different clients, including property developers, vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants, farmers, business owners and private individuals.
I take pride in developing good working relationships with our clients in order to better understand their key motives, desired outcomes and areas of potential risk.
I have specific experience in the following areas:
- Developments – working alongside developers through contract development, finance structuring, acquisition (including put and call option arrangements), construction and divestment of high-rise, off-the-plan, greenfield and multi-stage developments;
- Rural – assisting rural land owners and primary producers in the acquisition and sale of both land and business, leasing (including Crown Leases), farm sharing agreements and water licensing matters;
- Business Transactions – advising clients in respect of complex business sales and acquisitions, including real estate enterprises, hospitality venues, wineries and agricultural enterprises;
- Leasing – providing both tenants and landlords with specified advice and assistance in respect of leasing matters, agreements to lease, multi-tenanted properties, incentive agreements, lease disputes, shopping centre leases and all associated leasing issues;
- Licensed Venues – advising on the acquisition, leasing and sale of licensed venues, including profit-sharing arrangements, changes to and transfers of various liquor licence types;
- General Commercial – providing clients with commercial advice in respect of shareholders’ agreements, share and unit sale agreements, business structures and associated matters; and
- Land Titles Office Practices – advising on both complex and straightforward Lands Titles Office documentation, including lease registrations, caveats, mortgages and specifically dealing with “old title” land queries such as claims for Title by Adverse Possession and the conversion of Limited Titles.
In 2019, I completed a Masters of International Business with the University of Adelaide, which in combination with my legal experience, allows me to more thoroughly understand my clients’ commercial and business operations and objectives.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide
- Masters of International Business, University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Media, University of Adelaide
- Diploma of Languages, University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
What Eckermanns Value mean to me?
Being able to quickly and efficiently turn complex problems into concise and practicable solutions.
Working closely with clients, stakeholders and team members to ensure client outcomes are delivered to a high standard.
Developing high quality relationships with clients in order to deliver expected outcomes.