With a background in litigation and passion for Wills and Estates, I serve as a Senior Associate at Eckermann Lawyers assisting clients with Estate Planning, Estate Administration, and Estate Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
Prior to joining Eckermanns in 2023, I gained experience in Commercial Litigation, developing skills in drafting court documents, mediation position papers and advising clients through settlement conferences, mediations, and both small and large-scale court actions. I later advanced to a specialist boutique Wills and Estates firm, where I concentrated my efforts on Estate Planning, Administration and Contested Estates.
Having completed a double degree in Law and Commerce (International Business), with a Diploma of Languages in French, I am uniquely placed to navigate complex estate matters that involve commercial and international issues.
I have specific experience in the following areas:
- Estate Planning – I draft and advise on Wills of varying complexity, handle the preparation of General and Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Care Directives, and conduct reviews of Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) Trust Deeds and Family Trust Deeds. I work collaboratively with Accountants and Financial Advisors to prepare comprehensive and bespoke estate planning solutions.
- Probate and Estate Advice – I assist with obtaining Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration, coordinate with solicitors across borders to obtain re-seals and overseas grants, and provide tailored advice to executors on estate administration.
- Estate Litigation – I guide clients through the complexities of contesting a will and claims for further provision, work diligently to negotiate contentious estate matters, and when possible, actively seek collaborative solutions to maintain and repair family relationships.
As an advocate for my clients, my primary goal is to provide support and guidance throughout complex legal processes. I actively encourage clients to start their estate planning and family discussions early to facilitate generational wealth and prevent potential conflicts from escalating.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Commerce (International Business), University of Adelaide
- Diploma of Languages, University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- Secretary, Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP) South Australia
What Eckermanns values mean to me?
I understand the intricacies of wills and estate matters can mean varied completion times. To me, providing timely solutions means offering realistic timeframes, providing regular updates, and being proactive in driving progress.
I believe in the power of collective expertise. I work closely with clients, their accountants, and financial advisors to create tailored estate plans. Moreover, I strive to resolve disputes collaboratively and in the best interest of my clients.
To me, trust means establishing genuine relationships with clients and colleagues. It means explaining complex legal concepts in an easy-to-understand manner and bringing a calming presence to emotionally charged situations. My aim is to become a reliable advisor to my clients, helping them navigate the complexities of the legal landscape with confidence.